Saturday, January 31, 2009

NO LIFE!

Okay, so you all know how I tore my MCL partially right? Well I have been doing PT (Physical Therapy) lately to strenghten my right knee up. Well, when I first went I could only bend my knee to like 102 degree's, Now I can do it to 131! I am so proud of myself... still got alot of strengthen to do though... One of the worse workouts that he makes me do is this half ball balancing thing it helps me to not favor one leg more then the other... I KNOW I KNOW. I make it sound SO easy. BUt it is really, really hard. Even for you not so crippled people you guys would have a tough time. But, on Thursday (I think that was when it was) I had a 3 week appointment with my doctor, Doctor Higgenbothom! He is really cool. Well anyway he showed me my MRI pictures it is so wierd how they can get pictures like that but, it showed the MCL and how it is like split in the middle, its hard to explain but it is wierd... but he felt around in my knee and he said that it is getting "somewhat" better. So, He said that I could move on to Bridge (It is like a Acceleration thing but for "handicapped" people like me!) But, it will give me some more movements on my knee from side to side like more athletic stuff... but, that won't be able to happen until I can walk normal which then my PT Nathan will move me on to a slow jog and then i have to be able to hop and balance better then, I can go to Bridge! My Doctor said I oculd play soccer whenever I "feel comfortable" which that was a VERY long time ago. But, the PT said that it would be best for me not to play for a bit and OF COURSE my Dad had to be there, or else I would have told my Dad that he said I could... DANG IT!!!! Well, when we walked out of the Hospital he said that I could start to play soccer as soon as i can get into bridge, which means I will do my best to push my self... even though it HURTS LIKE HECK already... oh well soccer and sports are SO worth it... I hurt my knee on the 18th of December it has beem more then a whole month... oh wow itsw harsh... well... that is the update on the knee... THANKS!
Love, Alex!

1 comment:

  1. Good grief lady, get better already!! No seriously though, be careful and get all the way well. You don't want to ruin it forever.

    ReplyDelete